Tanzania – A fantastic Safari Destination
Tanzania is a fantastic destination for a safari, with a mix of excellent wildlife viewing and a choice of beautiful beaches. Here you can visit famous parks, climb Africa’s tallest mountain, hike in highlands and walk with wild animals in the wilderness. Soak up the varied culture and enjoy a wide choice of activities.
- Tanzania has some of Africa’s most famous National Parks and Game Reserves.
- The safari industry is well developed and standards relatively high when considering the remote location of many camps and lodges.
- Tanzania has a rich history of early explorers and with over 130 tribes, a wonderful variety of cultures.
- Tanzania’s surface area is over 945,000 square kilometers (the size of France and Germany combined) and the parks much larger than most people expect.
- With a well developed scheduled-flight network, getting around is easy.
Plan on 10 to 14 days as a starting point for any safari. If you cannot spend a full 10 days, you can see plenty in a week, but less time doesn’t do justice. You can easily spend here 3 to 4 weeks without getting bored. With shear size of the parks, its best to spend several days in each to avoid cramming too many places into your trip. There are many parks where we recommend you spend at least 4 days before moving on. If you visit the coast, stay between 5 and 10 days allowing you to visit multiple locations.
- 11 day Tanzania walking and active safari – high end option Tom 2017-11-27T14:02:48+00:00